Vomiting is a forceful expulsion of stomach contents through an upward direction. Vomiting itself is not a condition. Chronic nausea and vomiting represent a diverse array of diseases which might be the causative factor.
Nausea is the preceding symptom of vomiting. It is the feeling that one is about to vomit but does not always end up in, vomiting. Antiemetic are the drugs used to suppress or stop nausea and vomiting. In the case of severity, where dehydration develops, intravenous fluid may be required. Self-induced vomiting can be a part of an eating disorder, Bulimia nervosa, where the individual throws up the food taken.
Causes for Vomiting:
• Overeating which leads to Indigestion. Create your diet plan
• Food poisoning. Avoid food form out side
• A reaction to certain smells or odors
• Head Injury
• Early stages of pregnancy
• Medication-induced vomiting – Antihypertensive, β-Blockers, etc.
• Emotional stress (such as fear)
• Gallbladder disease
• Heart Attack
• Bulimia or other psychological illnesses
• Ingestion of toxins
• Excess consumption of alcohol
• Motion sickness – nausea and vomiting associated with traveling
Home Remedies for Vomiting:
• An infusion of the basil leaves in boiling water arrests vomiting
• Clove is an excellent remedy for nausea and vomiting, especially caused by motion sickness. They contain eugenol, a compound which has antibacterial properties. It can be chewed and taken or boiled with water and taken.
• Lemon juice to be taken along with honey. The antioxidants present in Lemon juice helps to cleanse the stomach. Due to its rich vitamin C content, it can boost the immune system and reduce the stomach upset thereby reducing the symptoms.
• Chew fresh mint leaves which eases vomiting.
• Boil the dry mint leaves in the water and take, which helps in reducing vomiting.
• Cinnamon stick boiled with hot water and taken checks vomiting.• Cinnamon is a very effective home remedy for the women who are in their first trimester suffering from morning sickness.
Got more information about nausea and vomiting