Few months back, Garmin added Bluetooth feature in Garmin devices with Garmin Connect App that made users effectively pair to another device. Press the device key, go in menu section and choose Bluetooth. This Bluetooth wireless technology helps the user to get notifications of incoming calls on their Garmin device. Furthermore, users instantly get alarmed when the range of area does not support the Bluetooth connection and gets failed.
Note-Bluetooth settings appear only when your Bluetooth is enabled. At times, users face some issues while performing actions via Bluetooth in Garmin device. This might happen because Bluetooth works on radio waves instead of wires or cables. Some of the customer’s issues have been listed in this article. These are:
Queries of Bluetooth Connection in Garmin Connect App
- “My Device paired successfully but does not connect to sync data to My Garmin Account.”
- A pop of “Pairing Failed” while setting up through Garmin Connect App.
- Garmin Connect App is unable to find my device while paring the device.
- “My Garmin device disables to receive smart notifications from my Smartphone.”
If you are also encountering any such issue, follow the guide, in order to review the solution:
“My Device paired successfully does not connect to sync data to My Garmin Account”.
If you are trying and failing to sync data to Garmin Account even after you have paired the device then do the followings.
- Turn off Bluetooth device and then again switch it on.
- You need to close the Garmin Connect app and after few seconds switch on it.
- Switch off your Smartphone and switch it on.
- Remove once and then add Garmin device again on Garmin Connect app.
- If the issue still resonates take help from Garmin experts.
A pop of “Pairing Failed” while setting up through Garmin Connect App.
In case you receive Pairing failed notification or “retry” while setting up Garmin Connect app you are insisted to carry on the below steps to fix the error:
- Choose Retry option. Sometimes there may occur connection error but trying second time will finish the paring process.
- Another option is to Reboot. Try to reboot the device by powering off and powering it back on.
- If your device is not having buttons, you can reboot by alternate method i.e. connecting them with external power via USB cable.
Note– Keep in your mind to mention the six digits of verification number from your Garmin Device to your Smartphone. Not entering may result in Paring Failed.
Garmin Connect App is unable to find my device while paring the device.
If you are adding device to Garmin Connect App and unable to do so, go through the following tips and try to add your device:
- You must check if pairing mode is enabled on Garmin device.
- Try to turn off the Bluetooth setting off and turn it back on.
- Do the same for Garmin device.
- If you are still unable to follow call our technical group.
“My Garmin device disables to receive smart notifications from my Smartphone.”
To get regular notifications, device must be paired by your Smartphone through Garmin Connect app. If it is connected then check and follow given assumptions that may fix your issue:
- Have a look at App permissions setting and check the compatibility.
- Must know App notification setting.
- Check and follow the Smart notification setting on your Garmin device.
- Android users must confirm that notification access has been allowed by Garmin Connect.
Additional Tips to Solve Bluetooth Error in Garmin.
If none of the above matches the solution or resolve your Garmin Bluetooth issue fined these add on tips in this article:
- Check that you are using the latest version of Garmin Connect App.
- Make sure software is updated by connecting it to your computer.
- Confirm the operating system is updated one.
However, if you get stuck in any step or you want extra information for future terms, you can contact professionals of Garmin anytime and get revert instantly. The services are available 24/7 for potential customers.